Since July 2017 Altaro VM Backup has been supporting Backup to Azure which includes the following benefits:
- Offsite backups directly to Azure’s cloud hosted object storage, without the need for a Windows VM in Azure
- Uses Azure Block Blob storage which is the most cost-effective Azure storage option
- Supports Altaro's compression, encryption and deduplication features for lowest storage requirements on Azure
- Restore from Azure back to any Altaro VM Backup installation
Altaro VM Backup is a fast, affordable, high performance backup solution. Altaro has cut the waste and hassle to provide an agile, streamlined solution that is easy to implement, feature-rich, and provides outstanding support as part of the package.
How is Altaro different from other solutions
• Unbeatable value – priced per host, not per socket, CPU or VM. Competing solutions are 2 to 3 times the cost.
• In house, non-tiered technical support – calls answered by certified tech in under 30 seconds.
• Ease of use and administration – intuitive UI for a non-complex user experience.
• Augmented Inline Deduplication – superior efficiency, drastically reducing backup storage requirements & providing fast backup
• Virtualized server environment – Hyper-V or VMware.
• 1-50 hosts.
• Size: SMB to Midmarket.
• Vertical: EDU, state/local gov., non-profit, commercial.