As a leader in virtual backup solutions, esXpress continues to provide our clients with all thier data protection needs. In order to meet these ongoing needs, PHDVirtual has added to its already robust engine with release of esXpress 4.0.
With esXpress 4.0, backups can now run up to 20x faster with the addition of the Change Block Tracking (CBT) feature in addition to the very powerful VBA foundation. Take hold and watch your protected, deduplicated backups fly faster than ever by leveraging esXpress's patent pending deduplication and CBT.
Several other enhancements were added to simplify the requirements, add stability and increase the robustness of this proven product in order to meet our clients on going backup needs.
- esXpress OVFInstaller – Deploy and configure the esXpress appliances using a Windows-based installer.
- CentralGUIRestores – Restore backups directly from the esXpress Management Appliance.
- Change Block tracking – Take advantage of VMware’s Change Tracking API to significantly reduce time and storage space required for backups.
- Stats Updates – DeDupe Appliance Stats page now includes a Trim Report and other tabs to organize the statistics display.
- AddHosts from vCenter – Add hosts directly to the Management Appliance by importing a list of hosts from vCenter.
- Quorum updates – The Management Appliance Quorum now uses SSH by default for host communications. NFS is also still available.
- System Pages– The esXpress appliance web pages each now have a System page which displays useful information about the appliances including hostname, IP addresses, and available space.
- Online Help – Context-sensitive searchable help was added to both appliances and is available by clicking the help button on each page.
- Enhancedproduct support – esXpress now supports VMs with IDE disks and experimentally supports Distributed Switches with Ephemeral Ports (no binding).
- Bugfixes andfunctionality improvements.
To download the latest versions:
Current customers: use the Check for Updates appliance text menu options. If you are not using either appliance, you must install the latest RPM files manually.
New customers should visit PHD Virtual’s web site (www.phdvirtual.com) and register to download the latest version of esXpress.
For installation and configuration information, refer to the latest esXpress documentation on the Knowledge Center web site.