- Category: News
- Hits: 2035
Last year, Tricerat announced three tiers of ScrewDrivers along with the Screwdrivers v7 launch. In January we deployed the most current release of ScrewDrivers v7.1.0 aimed at addressing some bug fixes, performance improvements, and a major new feature - Printer Profiles.
Meet Printer Profiles
Tricerat is excited to be able to deliver Printer Profiles with release v7.1.0. Profiles gives more flexibility to admins and end-users alike. Admins will now be able to set and manage default printer settings such as color, duplex, etc., at an individual level for their users. Those end-users are then defaulted to those settings but have the ability to select any of the possible printing functions. This empowers end-users, saves admins time, and lowers the amount of support tickets that are submitted. Printer Profiles will have support for Managed Printers and Print Server Printers.
Improvements and Fixes
Though Printer Profiles is the most exciting part of the new release for many, check out some of the other improvements and fixes that come with v7.1.0:
- Installer improvements and bug fixes.
- ScrewDrivers Administration, several bug fixes and improvements.
- Several Advanced Print Feature (APF) improvements.
- Server side will support rendering improvements of non-Windows Endpoint clients (expected in Q1 2021).
- ScrewDrivers Scanning improvements for data transfer.
- ScrewDrivers Scanning Client TWAIN driver bug fixes
Deployment and Platform Changes
For more on the deployment of v7.1.0 and any platform changes please see below:
- All support for any 32bit OS has been dropped.
- All support for Desktop OS’s prior to Windows 10 and Server OS’s prior to 2012 R2 have been dropped.
- .Net 4.8 Must be installed prior to any Version 7 installer. Because it is no longer installed as a Windows Feature it cannot be included directly in our installers as a pre-requisite.
- All high-permission requirement database actions (create, init and update) for Pro and Enterprise are moved to a separate installer that is run once per environment. This installer is called ScrewDriversDatabase_<version>_x64.exe. The main installer ScrewDriversProOrEnterprise_<version>_x64.exe now only requires basic read and write access to the Tricerat database.
- Authorization for ScrewDrivers Administration is now built in as a core feature. This feature gets initialized when running the ScrewDrivers Database installer. Initially Domain Admins, Local Admins for the machine where the installer is run and the user running the Database installer will be Super Admins. From there you can give out permissions to other users via the Permissions tab in ScrewDrivers Administration.
If you’d like to read more about Profiles and the entire release notes, please visit our knowledge base.
This blog is copied and shared from Tricerats Blog
- Category: News
- Hits: 1975
New Vendor: Cameyo with a passion for making any app available on any device
ARJ Disitribution are very proud to announce that we have been appointed the new Nordic Distributor for Cameyo.
As the consumerization of IT moves towards hybrid IT there is a clear place for a easy to use remote application enabler for companies of all sizes, Cameyo provies just that. With Cameyos intuitive and easy to use HTML5 based remote access solution it has a clear fit in the Nordic market for companies that need remote access to applications from any device.
Cameyo deployment options includes Managed Cloud, Bring Your Own Cloud, on-prem or a hybrid between these as needed.
If you would like to know more please reach out to your account manager, call the office or use our contact form.
Nordic Case Studies
Our passion is making any app available on any device
Cameyo is a cloud-native Digital Workspace that enables the secure delivery of Windows and internal web applications to any device from the browser without the need for VPNs. By enabling organizations to provide their people with access to the business-critical apps they need to stay productive from anywhere and on any device, Cameyo helps make Remote Work, work. Hundreds of enterprises and organizations utilize Cameyo to deliver Windows and internal web applications to hundreds of thousands of users worldwide.
- Category: News
- Hits: 2528
The 10ZiG 6148 Series is a performance beast! Stylish, compact, and fanless, this power-user based endpoint kicks things into gear for your high-demand workers with DDR4 RAM (2 x SO-DIMM Slots), up to 8 USB ports, and 4 monitor support at 4K @ 60Hz display resolution.
Equipped with free centralized management via The 10ZiG Manager™, which comes cloud-enabled with unlimited user licenses. Covered by a 3-Year Advance Warranty, technical support, and software upgrades. Also available in a Thin Client device.
All endpoints running on a 10ZiG OS come with our FREE endpoint management software, . IT Admins can connect via LAN/WAN or the Cloud and manage large amounts of endpoints remotely, from anywhere in the world.
- Category: News
- Hits: 2110
We are happy to inform you that ARJ Distribution are now distributing AppCURE from SSH2
AppCURE Studio offers time saving tools for all types of Application Transition projects.
If you work with packing and deploying applications you need to take a look at this product, it will save you time and make MSIX work in reality.
-AppCURE will Capture applications from a running instance and package it in a format of your choice such as MSI, MSIX, AppAttach or even App-V.
- Separate application from OS without extra infrastructure, Remove the need for application SILO.
- Convert App-V to MSIX, MSI to MSIX or MSIX to MSI
- Packages an app in minutes instead of hours/days.
- Save project time with faster application packaging
- Replace App-V with AppCURE as App-V is going End Of Life
- Move applications from older Windows version to Windows 10 or Windows 2019
- Install applications even if the vendor installer may not run on the selected OS
- Capture a running application and make a application installer from the running instance, this helps if you do not know how to install application or if installation media is lost.
- Separate application from OS, no more patching of standard images.
- Remove the need for application SILOS
- Package and deliver application in the format of your choice, such as MSIX, MSI, AppAttach or App-V
- Convert App-V to MSIX
- Use for application migration from P2V, V2V or V2P
- Make an application portable on a USB stick for example
- Run multiple application of the same version
- Simplifies application updates as the OS and app are separate
This is not application layering, this is not conteinerisation this is a modern way of deploying apps using Microsft standard technologies.
Get in touch with us to learn more or view this presentation from the UK WVD User Group
- Category: News
- Hits: 1680